Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Finding or suspecting mold growing on your property can be unnerving. Mold, particularly black mold, is widely publicized as being toxic and causing health problems.
Don’t panic. Remember:
- Mold is a natural part of our environment.
- Many types of molds do not produce toxins, including some that are black in color.
- In most instances, we can inspect your property the same or next day. Call us.
If You See Mold:
- Leave the area. Do not allow other people or pets near the mold.
- If leaving the area is not possible, contain the mold. If it’s in a cabinet, close the door. If it’s in an open area, place thick plastic over it. This is only meant to be a temporary measure.
- Do not disturb the mold. When air or movement is introduced, mold spores fly into the air and spread to other areas of your property.
If You Suspect Mold:
- Leave the area where you think the mold is.
- Tell us about your experience, and we’ll give you a call to talk about the next steps to take.
- If you’re ready for mold inspection, schedule one today by calling us: (972) 690-1414.
When to Call a Mold Remediation Company
- You smell something sweet or musky that can’t be identified.
- Someone is experiencing allergy-like symptoms.
- You see mold growing.
- You are concerned previous water damage was not remediated properly.
- You attempted DIY mold removal unsuccessfully.
Schedule Your Free Mold Inspection & Estimate
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (972) 690-1414
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Richardson for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Richardson has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- The University of Texas at Dallas - UTD
- Spring Park
- Crowley Park
- Canyon Creek
- Prairie Creek Park