What Is Black Mold?
When people and news reports talk about black mold, they most likely mean Stachybotrys Chartarum. This type of black mold is capable of producing allergens. However, not all mold that is black is necessary Stachybotrys. In fact, thousands of different types of mold exist in all colors and sizes.
It’s not possible to tell from the naked eye if mold can produce toxins or not, it should always be treated with caution.
Need Mold Removal Guidance?
Leave us a Message, and tell us what you're experiencing. We are happy to answer any questions and offer guidance.
Licensed Texas Mold Remediation Company in Dallas
The safest way to approach mold is to treat it all with precaution. We are a Mold Remediation Company in Dallas, and our mold specialists are trained to handle mold removal safely.
- Located on the border of Plano and Richardson, TX
- All Insurance Accepted
- Texas Mold Paperwork Filing
- Licensed Texas Mold Remediation Company in Dallas Fort Worth
We have performed mold removal in:
- Homes & Apartments
- Clinics & Hospitals
- Commercial Properties
Does Bleach Kill Mold?
We often get calls from people who have attempted DIY mold remediation in Dallas Fort Worth. What often happens is that mold spores are disturbed and then spread. What looked like an easy project ended up becoming a mold infestation. If you find mold, follow our safety guidelines until help arrives.
Schedule A Free Mold Inspection in Dallas Fort Worth
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Richardson immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (972) 690-1414
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Richardson is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- The University of Texas at Dallas - UTD
- Spring Park
- Crowley Park
- Canyon Creek
- Prairie Creek Park