What Is Black Mold?
When news reports talk about black mold, they most likely mean Stachybotrys Chartarum. This type of black mold is capable of producing allergens. However, not all mold that is black is necessary Stachybotrys. In fact, thousands of different types of mold exist. Mold comes in all colors and sizes. Because it’s not possible to tell from the naked eye if mold can produce toxins or not, it should always be treated with caution.
Mold Specialists Always Exercise Mold Remediation Safety
The safest way to approach mold is to treat it all with precaution. We are a Texas Licensed Mold Remediation Contractor, and our mold specialists are trained to safely handle mold removal safely. We have performed mold abatement in:
- Homes & Apartments
- Clinics & Hospitals
- Commercial Properties
Does Bleach Kill Mold?
We often get calls from people who have attempted DIY mold cleanup by using bleach. What often happens is that this effort ends up in the mold spores being disturbed and then spread. What looked like an easy project ended up becoming a bigger mold infestation. If you find mold, follow our safety guidelines until help arrives.
Do you need mold removal in Richardson, TX? Tell us what you’re experiencing. We’re here to help.
We Are A Mold Removal Company Near You
- Located on the border of Plano and Richardson, TX
- Accept All Insurance
- We handle the insurance claim filing
- Texas Licensed Mold Contractor
- Mold Testing Available
Schedule A Free Black Mold Inspection & Estimate
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Richardson immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (972) 690-1414
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Richardson is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- The University of Texas at Dallas - UTD
- Spring Park
- Crowley Park
- Canyon Creek
- Prairie Creek Park