“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold Removal in Plano and Richardson
The terms mold removal and mold remediation tend to be used interchangeably, but complete mold removal isn’t possible.
Mold naturally occurs in our environment and is everywhere. It becomes a problem when the quantity adversely affects the environment or inhabitants surrounding it. When this happens, mold remediation needs to take place to safely remove as much of the mold as possible. Clearance testing is then done to make sure mold levels are safe once again.
Do I Need Mold Remediation?
Many families and businesses choose to have mold remediation when inhabitants experience allergy-type symptoms that cannot otherwise be explained by a medical professional. Others choose to have mold removed for peace of mind.
Mold’s preferred environment for growth is dark and moist places. You may smell something sweet and musky in the air. Its source of food can be the materials your property is made out of, like wood or drywall, and even clothing.
We typically find mold in high-moisture environments like:
- Laundry Areas
- Attics (due to water heaters)
- Previous sites of water damage
Do you suspect mold? Leave us a Message, and we’ll call you to discuss the next steps.
Mold Removal in Plano, Richardson, and More
- Located on the border of Plano and Richardson, TX
- All Insurance Accepted
- Texas Mold Paperwork Filing
- Licensed Texas Mold Removal Company in Dallas Fort Worth
Schedule Your Free Mold Inspection in Dallas Fort Worth
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (972) 690-1414
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (972) 690-1414
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Richardson is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2020 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: