Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard cleaning can pose a serious health risk. Biohazards should be considered very dangerous and treated with proper safety precautions in place. We are trained to properly clean up biohazards. We dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and other health regulations.
Sewage and hurricane floods are two common biohazard scenarios that affect homes and commercial properties. However, more scenarios exist that require the same level of care. We have cleaned up every kind of scenario where bloodborne pathogens are present. Examples include accidents involving trauma, hoarding, unattended end of life deaths, suicides, and a crime scene cleanup with a homicide.
SERVPRO of Richardson has serviced Dallas Fort Worth for over 30 years as a trusted leader and a professional cleaning company. We have successfully cleaned hundreds of homes and commercial properties of biohazard contaminants. We are ready to help you, too.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (972) 690-1414
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Richardson has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- The University of Texas at Dallas - UTD
- Spring Park
- Crowley Park
- Canyon Creek
- Prairie Creek Park