Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard Cleanup in Dallas Fort Worth
Safety is the first priority during a cleanup involve bio-hazardous materials or bloodborne pathogens. Our technicians are trained to handle biohazard situations with professionalism and care.
Available 24-Hours a Day
We are available to all property types around Dallas Fort Worth. We have responded for:
- Homes and Apartments
- Schools and Universities
- Government Buildings
- Hotels and Motels
- Office Buildings
Free Consultation and Estimate
If you need guidance, contact us. Let us know what your situation is, and we’ll reach out to discuss next steps.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothes and Textiles
We’ve successfully removed blood stains from clothing and other textiles (sheets, blankets, sports equipment) using the Esporta Wash System.
Disaster Restoration During Storms and Biohazard Cleaning
Restoring a property after storm damage is challenging for many reasons. Rising water can contain harmful bacteria and should not be touched. Consider what the water has touched before it enters your home--oil, pesticides, and other biological hazards found on the streets and yards.
For more information about storm cleanup, including how to keep yourself safe from scams, read our article: Reputable Restoration Company & Natural Disasters.
Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup
These types of scenes are sensitive and require a professional and experienced crew to respond with empathy. We keep our client’s privacy in their time of need. Our service:
- Suicide Cleanup
- Unattended Death
- Homicide / Murder
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (972) 690-1414
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Richardson has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- The University of Texas at Dallas - UTD
- Spring Park
- Crowley Park
- Canyon Creek
- Prairie Creek Park