Your Belongings and Water Damage
Water Cleanup Quick Terms
- Salvageable. These are items that can be restored back to preloss condition.
- Unsalvageable. These are items that cannot be restored. They may be replaced by your insurance company depending on coverage.
- Textile. Anything made of fabric or cloth, including sports equipment.
Save vs Replace Philosophy
Our goal is to save as much of your home and as many of your belongings. Saving items versus replacing them has many benefits.
- Keep Cherished Belongings. Some items cannot be replaced due to sentimental reasons or because they are no longer made.
- Lower Cost. Cleaning is less expensive.
- Faster Service. Once cleaning is complete, items can be returned to you; there’s no need to wait for insurance valuations and payouts.
Items that are salvageable are taken back to our cleaning facility to be cleaned. We have success with the following:
- Upholstery and Rugs
- Clothing, Shoes, and Textiles using the Esporta Wash System
If the item was not able to be salvaged, it is documented and reported to your insurance adjuster. Your adjuster will receive pictures of the item along with make and mark. Your coverage will determine the next steps.
Build a Home Inventory
What about items that can’t be identified? Having a home inventory is the best way to prove the items you had in your home so they can be replaced in case of a disaster. Read our home inventory guide for information and instructions.
Water Damage Content Cleaning Services
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today – (972) 690-1414
SERVPRO of Richardson specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Richardson can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Richardson can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most