Your Belongings and Fire Damage
Your Belongings Can Be Saved
Many belongings can now be saved with the help of advanced restoration techniques. We have a high success rate restoring:
- Textiles: clothing, soft toys, leather, shoes
Fire Cleanup Services Steps
We work closely with insurance companies to receive approval for every step of the fire insurance restoration process. No two projects are alike, yet they share a similar restoration process:
- Emergency Roof Tarping and Board-Up
- Water Damage Restoration
- Home Inventory for Insurance Records
- Clothing and Textile Sanitation
- Emergency Wardrobe Cleaned & Delivered
- Moving Services
- Property and Belongings Cleaning & Deodorization
- Long-Term Storage
How to Get Fire Smoke Out of Clothes
Millions of smoke particles become embedded in fabrics during a fire. Please practice caution.
- Do not: wash or wear affected clothing. Smoke particles may be carcinogenic and washing them may make them more embedded into the fabric.
- Do not: send clothing to dry cleaners. Removing smoke particles and soot should be done by fire restoration professionals. Some dry cleaners may accept your clothing, but may not be successful.
Smoke odor and soot can be removed using advanced textile restoration techniques from the Esporta Wash System. Our Esporta certified technicians clean your clothing in our specialty facility using up to seven detergents in a hydraulic pressurized wet wash.
- 100,000+ Pieces Successfully Restored
- Highest Success Rate in the Industry
- 72-Hour Turnaround for Emergency Clothing Supply
- Pick-Up, Storage, and Drop-Off
- Environmentally Friendly Detergents
Call the Leader in Fire Restoration in Dallas
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (972) 690-1414
SERVPRO of Richardson specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to pre-fire condition. We use several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of Richardson can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Fire-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by fire. Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces. If the residues are not removed, corrosion causes electronic failure in the device. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water or fire, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the fire damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-fire damage condition, SERVPRO of Richardson can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of fire, smoke, or soot damage, they have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a fire emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims