Mold has the potential to be harmful to both your property and everyone living within. One of the warning signs of mold is a musty smell. Learn where mold damage typically starts.
- Roof leaks can cause mold in the attic if left untreated.
- Mold under your sink is very common. Check your bathrooms and kitchen frequently.
- Mold in air ducts is also common if no air duct cleaning has taken place.
- Have you had a water damage? Many people ask us how to prevent mold after water damage. The best way is to hire an experienced water damage restoration company that can scientifically validate it has properly dried your structure.
- Mold in cars without good seals is common.
If you want to get rid of your mold smell, give us a call. We are also one of the few businesses in DFW that can remove mold from clothes. Mold remediation cost depends on the extent of your damage. We provide free mold inspections and bids.
SERVPRO of Richardson is a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor and a trusted leader in the restoration industry. We are an expert home mold removal company and in commercial mold remediation. We have performed mold inspection and mold removal in all of DFW including McKinney, Allen, Midlothian, Plano, Frisco, Arlington, and other North Texas communities.
If you have a mold problem in your home or commercial property, give us a call.
Learn about mold, including black mold, by reviewing our mold damage tips.
SERVPRO of Richardson
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (972) 690-1414
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of Richardson is locally owned and operated, so we’re already nearby and ready to help Spring Park residents and business owners with any size mold contamination.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Richardson, TX
- The University of Texas at Dallas - UTD, TX
- Buckingham, TX
- Spring Park, TX
- Crowley Park, TX
- Canyon Creek, TX
- Prairie Creek Park, TX
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (972) 690-1414
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
To keep the mold spores from spreading further, we will use various mold containment procedures. Our professionals may use physical barriers and negative air pressure to isolate the contaminated area and to help prevent the mold spores from spreading through your Spring Park, TX home or business. Also, we’ll turn off the property’s fans and heating and cooling systems to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use powerful air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and other filtration equipment to remove microscopic mold spores out of the air. This air filtration process and our mold containment process help to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold, using a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We’re also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
SERVPRO knows Mold
In Spring Park, TX, SERVPRO of Richardson is ready to tackle and resolve any mold issues that arise. SERVPRO professionals understand the anxiety that can happen when a homeowner uncovers mold. Let us help put your worries to rest. Our knowledgeable crew is ready with the gear needed to tackle any mold job. Reach us at (972) 690-1414 - We’re ready to activate our team to remediate your mold.