Hoarding Cleanup Services
Hoarding Cleanup Services
We are often called to clean and restore properties with hoarding conditions after a fire or water damage. Many hoarding situations require biohazard cleanup depending on the items being hoarded.
No matter the type of hoarding help needed, our team has the experience to handle different types of scenarios, even before a damage has occurred.
- Hoarding can create cramped living conditions and fill a home to its capacity. Often, only narrow pathways are available to move from room to room, and the number of items prevents the use of normal living space.
- Accumulation can be in every room of the house and may spread to the garage, vehicles, and yard.
- When there are many items in a room, a fire hazard is caused. This is due to blocked exits and excessive smoke caused by so many items burning at once.
- Unsanitary conditions that pose a risk to health may occur. Keeping a clean environment becomes difficult with a large number of items in a room. We encounter this when our technicians have to clean around hoarded items as we try to perform water damage restoration.
- A person who hoards may also choose to collect unsanitary items.
- Hoarding may cause injury or getting trapped by shifting or falling items.
- Hoarding may lead to legal issues such as eviction.
SERVPRO of Richardson offers hoarding cleanup services, including biohazard clean up involving bloodborne pathogens. We are a full service cleaning company.
We are prepared to:
- Inventory, sort, and pack items of value.
Many times, the decision of which items to keep and which to throw away are made by the disaster in the house. In the case of fire damages, many items are often destroyed beyond salvage. In other instances, a family member or friend will help our client determine which items to keep and which to let go of.
- If needed, kept items will be transported to our facility for cleaning and storage.
In the case of a water damage or fire damage, the affected items are sanitized. When there is no disaster, it’s the client’s choice to have their belongings cleaned. The items are kept in our long term storage until the client is ready to receive them again either at a new location or when their home is rebuilt.
- Gather and dispose of items that require being thrown away.
Our technicians will inventory the items they can identify and report them to our customer’s insurance company. Afterward, they are thrown away along with other debris.
- Identification and cleanup of hazardous contaminants.
Safety is always our top priority, both for our crews and our customers. If we find hazardous conditions, we will advise everyone but trained technicians to keep away from the area until it has been sanitized. Our technicians will put on the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and clean up the biohazardous condition they find. Everything will be bagged according to law and disposed of properly.
- Deep clean of the entire home, including the garage and yard.
When a disaster like a water damage, fire damage, or mold is combined with hoarding conditions, we often recommend that the entire house is deep cleaned for the safety of its occupant. Deep cleaning includes wet washing carpets, wall cleaning, and air duct cleaning.
- If any part of the property is permanently damaged, our reconstruction team will rebuild it.
This situation is only warranted when the disaster that affected the home caused permanent damage. In most cases, water does not do it. Mold and fire damage restoration often do require this level of restoration.
- If requested, we can provide our services in unmarked vehicles for your privacy.
Your privacy is important to us. We understand that some homeowners may be embarrassed by the situation they find themselves in and don’t want any added attention to what is happening to their property. We will do our best to accommodate requests for the use of unmarked vehicles.
Fire and Water Damage or Mold with Hoarding
If we are cleaning a hoarder’s house after a water damage or fire damage, we will also do the following:
- Perform water damage restoration services such as water removal and drying.
Because water soaks into everything and gets into small crevices, we need to have access to every area of an affected room. We also need to have room to properly set up our professional drying equipment in the location and quantity the property needs. For this reason, accumulation of items that inhibit us will have to move.
- Perform fire damage restoration services.
We will immediately provide emergency roof tarping and board up. This helps keep the weather outside of the property and cause additional damage. We will work with our client’s insurance company to also get approval for smoke damage restoration, deodorization, permanent roof replacement, moving and storage services, contents and textile cleaning, and reconstruction.
- Perform mold remediation services such as mold inspection and mold removal.
We have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor license, and we’ve helped many homes with all different types of mold and mold growth sizes.
When hoarding begins to seriously affect the daily life of your friend or loved one, we’re to help. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Trusted Leader in Water Damage Restoration and Fire Damage Restoration in Collin County, North Texas
SERVPRO of Richardson is a water damage restoration and fire and smoke damage restoration company on the border of Richardson and Plano Texas. We have performed work in Dallas, Plano, Grapevine, McKinney, Frisco, Allen, and other North Texas communities in Collin County for over 30 years. With our crews responding immediately to jobs, we are faster to any size disaster. We also have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor License and offer free mold inspections.
Our crews are available dispatch for 24 hour emergencies every day of the year. We can be reached 24/7 at (972) 690-1414. Call us any time!
“Like it never even happened.” only happens here.