Commercial Mold Remediation
Commercial Mold Remediation
We understand the negative impact of business interruption, which is why we’ve customized our commercial mold remediation services to fit the business we’re working with.
- Our mold remediation specialists can work after hours, including overnight.
- We can also work on the weekends.
- We can set up mold containment and HEPA air scrubbers to contain the mold to its current location while the rest of your business continues its day to day operations.
We will find a way to make sure your commercial property’s mold remediation is complete no matter your hours.
We have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor license mold remediation, and we’re ready to start helping you with your mold problem immediately. Call us today for a free mold inspection and bid.
What is Mold?
Mold is a naturally occurring fungus. It grows in almost all environments, which makes 100% mold removal impossible. There will always be some mold in any environment, but the trick is to get the number of mold spores as low as possible to avoid mold growth and infestation.
Molds release small spores in the air which can be inhaled. An indication of mold is a strong musty smell, even when none can be seen. Some mold is clearly visible and appears as black and white spots near a moist source.
Types of Mold
There are many types of mold. Some are not typically harmful to humans, while others are considered toxic. The most well known mold is black mold, which many believe to be toxic. However, there are many types of mold that are black in color. When dealing with mold, being safe is always the priority. Our company deals with any type of mold with care and the highest safety standards in place.
Mold Growth Environments
Mold symptoms are most likely to occur where mold loves to grow, which is in dark, warm, and moist environments. If your business has this type of environment, the likelihood of growing mold is higher.
What Happens When I Find Mold?
Most importantly -- leave the mold alone. Mold is very easy to disturb. The last thing you want is to give the mold an added opportunity to spread its spores to other locations in your business. Ask people to stay away from that area.
Next, give us a call. We will come out and perform a free mold inspection. We’ll check out the area you suspect already has mold, and we’ll also look at the rest of your building to make sure the infestation hasn’t spread.
After inspection, we’ll present you with a bid. Our bids are no cost, no obligation.
Texas State Mold Law
Due to Texas Mold Law, there are two ways the mold remediation process can happen.
- No Reporting Needed to Texas State
Your mold does not need to be reported to Texas if it's under 25 contiguous feet. In this circumstance, we can begin mold remediation services immediately.
- Reporting the Mold to Texas State is Necessary
You mold project does need to be reported to Texas when its over 25 contiguous feet. This size of mold falls under Texas Mold Assessment And Remediation Rules (TMARR), which requires:
- A Texas Licensed Mold Assessor to write a Mold Protocol. We cannot legally choose an assessor for you. Instead, we can give you a list of assessors for you to choose from.
- A Texas Licensed Mold Contractor (us) will file a Work Plan and schedule the job with the State of Texas. Once the Work Plan is filed, we must legally wait at least five (5) business days before starting the job.
- When we finish the mold remediation, the Mold Assessor has to check the cleaning to make sure it’s successful. If it is, they will issue a Clearance Document.
- The Texas Licensed Mold contractor (us) can then issue a Certificate of Mold Damage Remediation to you which documents the success of the mold cleanup. Keep this document and give a copy to your insurance provider or future property buyer.
Our business has dealt with both scenarios hundreds of times, and we know exactly how to navigate this process with you. Rest assured that we will talk you through the process step-by-step and will be there to help you.
Will Mold Remediation Interrupt My Business?
In most cases, mold remediation doesn’t have to interrupt your business. We have been in business for over 30 years, and we have found ways to help all kinds of businesses minimize or eliminate business interruptions.
- Work after hours, including overnight.
- Work on the weekend.
- Set up mold containment with HEPA air scrubbers to work on the mold infestation while the rest of your business operates.
Our crews of mold remediation specialists are experienced and successful. Our business will work with yours to create a work schedule for your mold remediation project. We understand the high cost of business interruption, and our goal is to disrupt your day to day operations as minimally as possible.
If you suspect mold in your business or see visible growth, give us a call. We’re always available and always ready to help.
Trusted Leader in Water Damage Restoration and Fire Damage Restoration in Collin County, North Texas
SERVPRO of Richardson is a water damage restoration and fire and smoke damage restoration company on the border of Richardson and Plano Texas. We have performed work in Dallas, Plano, Grapevine, McKinney, Frisco, Allen, and other North Texas communities in Collin County for over 30 years. We also have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor License and offer free mold inspections.
Our crews are available dispatch for 24 hour emergencies every day of the year. We can be reached 24/7 at (972) 690-1414. Call us any time!
“Like it never even happened,” only happens here.