Richardson Water Damage Restoration for Winter Storm Damages
As we’ve seen in 2021, extreme winter weather takes a toll on Texas. We cope with car crashes, empty shelves at the grocery store, downed powerlines, and everything is frozen - pipes included.
While we wish our neighbors could spend the winter blast sipping some cocoa by the fire, many property owners find themselves scrambling to handle damage from fallen trees, frozen plumbing problems, and sometimes even a housefire.
No matter what winter weather does to damage your property, we’re prepared to come to your aid and make it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO is Winter Ready
One of the most common problems property owners encounter is water damage from indoor plumbing failure or external problems like roof damage.
Unfortunately, water damage is usually something you can’t just let dry out. The longer you wait to address water damage, the more likely it is that secondary damage happens such as mold growth. Secondary damage easily adds on more repair costs.
Waiting too long to address water damage might also impact an insurance claim. If an insurance company determines that secondary damage could have been prevented, some or all of the claim could be declined.
Where to Check for Damage After a Winter Storm
Because unaddressed damage leads to more costly repairs, it’s wise to account for all damage done to the property. Below is a list of what you should check for after a winter storm.
- Fence damage - Fallen trees can ruin the fence or other property structures.
- Roof damage - Problems like ice dams lead to roof damage. Look for missing shingles, flaws in the flashing, or depressions on the roof surface. Also, check the spouting and downspouts.
- Siding - Are panels loose or cracked?
- Windows and doors - Are there any signs of leaks?
- Basement or crawl space - Has water collected in these out-of-the-way areas?
- Sheetrock and subfloor - Extreme flooding tends to penetrate deep into the construction.
Now is the Time to Call SERVPRO of Richardson
Don’t wait for secondary damage to happen. The longer water sits, the more construction materials will rot and mold will flourish. Timing is everything, so we are, “Faster to any size disaster.” With 24/7 service (even weekends and holidays), we are always ready to get started on Richardson water damage restoration tasks.
What you get with our comprehensive water damage services:
- Single point of contact - just one call to make.
- Work with insurance on your behalf.
- A team of specialists who act quickly and have advanced training in drying techniques and mold detection.
- Thorough inspection and damage assessment.
- Address the source of the water damage with needed repairs.
- High-powered water extraction equipment.
- Thorough drying and moisture elimination.
- Mold testing and application of mold mitigation measures.
- Cleanup and handling of contaminated materials.
- Professional-grade cleaners and deodorizers.
- Carpet and flooring cleaning.
- Repair or replacement of construction materials (including roof repairs).
- Furniture recovery.
- Textile, clothing, and other soft good restoration in the Esporta Wash System.
- Electronics recovery.
- Appliance repairs.
- Document and photo recovery.
- Addressing risks of future damage.
SERVPRO doesn’t wait until the day before the first freeze to prepare for winter weather. We’ve been ready all year. Call us now at (972) 690-1414.