Electric Fans won’t Dry your Floor - Call SERVPRO
When SERVPRO Richardson was called to this house because of water damage, they were surprised to see an electric fan sitting on the wet floor. The homeowner was trying to dry the floor with the fan.
Common Mistake #1: Using an electric fan on wet floors
When a flood happens in a home, homeowners often turn to electric fans in an effort to dry the floors and salvage some of their belongings.
However, electric fans can actually add to the problem.
Scientific studies have shown that using an electric fan can actually cause moisture migration, pushing water through the floors and walls of your home.
This may result in mold or structural damage.
Common Mistake #2: Throwing water-sensitive items in the dryer
Sending water-sensitive items through a hot-air cycle in the clothes dryer is another common mistake homeowners make after a water-related event in their home.
Items like books, photos and important paperwork should not be dried this way. Not only do the items run the risk of being damaged by the heat, but also the extreme dryness of an over heated dryer is not good for most items.
Common Mistake #3: Using a hairdryer to dry out electronics
Hairdryers can severely damage your expensive cell phones, tablets and computers.
The sudden change in temperature of the device as well as the dryness can cause irreparable damage to your electronics.
After SERVPRO has dried out all wet areas of the home with industrial dehumidifiers, they will recommend a professional cleaning company to disinfect and deodorize the home.
Please remember that SERVPRO is here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to defeat water damage.
If you suspect you have any water damage, please call SERVPRO Richardson Water Damage Restoration for speedy response.