Ceiling Damage Restoration in North Dallas
Ceilings are easy to forget about. They hide wiring, house framing, and sometimes even plumbing. Ceilings are also a layer of shelter from the elements.
Ceilings may suddenly cave in or give signs that they are about to.
Indicators of ceiling weakness include:
- Stains or discoloration: Spotting might indicate penetrating water damage.
- Bowing or sagging: Ceilings sag or dip down because of water damage. As the saturation continues, falling through becomes more likely.
- Paint chipping or peeling: This is also a sign of water damage happening behind the ceiling.
- Cracks or spidering: A small and straight crack is not usually a cause for concern, but it becomes a problem when cracks increase and splinter off.
Typical causes of ceiling failure are:
- Human error: A misplaced foot while up in the crawlspace or a thrown object breaks through the material.
- Roof damage: A roof is a first line of defense from the elements. Faults allow rain and pests to get in.
- Leaking from plumbing: Leaky pipes or bathroom flooding from above soaks the ceiling beneath.
- Structural issues: Normal shifting in the framework or the foundation sometimes causes cracking.
Because we don’t look at the ceiling every day, we may not notice the damage until it’s a problem. Serious damage to ceilings from fires, storms, or plumbing malfunction is best handled by the pros. SERVPRO is prepared to do a complete Water Damage Restoration Process plus Building and Reconstruction Services. Call us any time 24/7, and we’ll start repairs as soon as possible.